Starting from the early years, Roger’s drumkit was based around a Matt Black Ludwig kit. In the first official biography Larry Pryce states the following:
A custom built kit, finished in natural wood.
- Matt Black Ludwig 26″ Bass Drum,
- 7.5″ x 13″ Maple Snare Drum,
- 16″ x 16″ Tom-Tom,
- 20″ x 20″ Tom-Tom,
- Meazzi 13″ x 13″ Pedal,
- Tunable (floating?) Tom-Tom,
- Ludwig and Shaftesbury stands,
- Pedals comprise of two Ludwig Speed Kings,
- Avedis Zildjian with two 15″ Hi-Hats,
- One 16″ and one 20″ Crash and one 22″ Zildjian Crash,
- One Paiste 15″ Crash,
- Two matching Fernula 602 Paiste Crash,
- Three cowbells – one large New Era, one small New Era, and one Ludwig,
- All fly cases are custom made,
- Ginger Baker drum-sticks.
The following drum sets are compiled by a drummer-fan, so they might not be 100% accurate but they are as close as one can get.